How to become Cabin Crew with Emirates

It’s that time again! Emirates is recruiting and you guys have sent me tons of questions about the application process. As much as my fellow colleagues and I would love to assist you, the process has changed significantly since we originally applied. That being said, let’s take a look at the criteria and where you could be tomorrow:

According to the Emirates Group Careers website; Emirates is looking for exceptional people to join their international cabin crew team based in Dubai. If you share their unlimited curiosity, embrace of other cultures and passion for hospitality, they would like to meet you. This means if you’re well-versed in customer service, enjoy travel and have a passion for working with others from all over the world, than this is the opportunity for you!

If shortlisted, Emirates will invite you to attend a global recruitment event. Their website states that when applying you must prepare:

• An updated CV: details about your previous employment and education history.
  • Photos: professional images of yourself to be uploaded onto your application.
  • You will also be asked to record a Video Interview.

In terms of qualifications and experience, Emirates is requesting:

• 1+ year of customer service/hospitality experience
  • Educated to at least high school level
  • Fluency in written and spoken English (additional languages are desirable)
  • At least 21 years old at the time of application
  • Minimum arm reach of 212 cms (on tip toes) and minimum height of 160 cms, in order to reach emergency equipment on all aircraft types
  • Medically fit to meet cabin crew requirements
  • Positive attitude with the natural ability to provide excellent service in a team environment, dealing with people from many cultures
  • Meet the UAE’s employment visa requirements

…So what are you waiting for!? Get started on your application here and join our team of over 135 nationalities!

Next week, I will share with you the process that I went though to help you get a better idea of what Emirates might be looking for. In the meantime, click here for some basic interview tips from my personal experience.

Next Stop: Nairobi, Kenya🇰🇪

IG: @LipstickAndLuggage
YouTube: @LipstickandLuggage
FB: @LipstickandLuggage
Twitter: @KelseyBelleDXB
_________________________________________________________________________

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal views and and do not represent the views of my company.

13 Comments

1. Raja
    February 2, 2018 / 10:09 am

Hi Beautiful! I am with Etihad now and thinking to apply with Emirates, is it true that I need six month between leaving Etihad and starting with Emirates? I heard this rumor and wish it’s not true.. as I don’t want to leave Etihad when I am not sure I will get hired with Emirates! Thank you in advance.

Raja

• Lipstick And Luggage
      February 4, 2018 / 2:39 pm

Hi Raja, my apologies but I don’t have any information about this.

2. Alessia
    February 6, 2018 / 5:05 am

Hi Kelsey, thanks a lot for sharing this information!
    I was rejected after my FI in November 2016 and really would like to try again with EK now.
    Do u know anything about the video interview? should it be held in business attire?
    Thanks in advance. xx

Alessia

• Lipstick And Luggage
      February 13, 2018 / 2:56 pm

Hi Alessia,

I’m sorry but my colleagues and I do not have any information about the new interview process. We all underwent different ones when we were hired. My personal advice to you would be to always look the part, especially if you are being recorded- but again, I’m not sure what the new application process is like.

Best of luck,
      Kelsey

3. Annalisa
    April 15, 2018 / 11:20 am

Hi Kelsey!
    I have recently applied to the Cabin Crew role, but I haven’t been asked to record a Video Interview.
    Perhaps, do you know if they are still running it?

Thanks in advance… and keep it up with this lovely blog!!

Annalisa

• Lipstick And Luggage
      April 26, 2018 / 5:28 pm

Hi Annalisa,

Again, apologies for the late reply. Cabin Crew are not familiar with the hiring process because it has changed since we went through it. Please keep checking the Dnata careers website for further details.

Kelsey

4. Mahima
    April 15, 2018 / 3:21 pm

Hi Kelsey.

I am from India and I wanna know if I can also apply for cabin crew and Emirates and if there are Indian cabin crew at emirates or not and how would it be like for me.
    Thanks 🙂 much love xx

• Lipstick And Luggage
      April 26, 2018 / 5:27 pm

Hi Mahima,

I do not know anything about recruitment for Emirates. There are many Indian Cabin Crew, but I am from Canada and am unfamiliar with the hiring process. Please keep checking back on the Dnata careers website.

Kelsey

5. Joanna
    April 22, 2018 / 10:09 pm

Hi Kelsey, Thanks a lot for your blog. I really appreciate that you keep it so informative and appealing at the same time 😉 I have only one question – what lipstick would you recommend to wear for an open day – red or nude? Normally I wouldn’t consider wearing red lipstick for a job interview but here it somehow seems appropriate… xD Is it though?

• Lipstick And Luggage
      April 26, 2018 / 5:23 pm

My apologies, I just saw this message now!

I would recommend red if you are applying for Cabin Crew with Emirates. This is because I believe that it helps the recruiters envision you in our uniform. I wore red lipstick to my open day and my hair in a bun too. 🙂

Best of luck!
      Kelsey

6. Joahna Santos
    April 27, 2018 / 9:27 am

Hello,Kelsey! Im Joahna, and you’re one of my inspirations (insert Mj and Bri ❤) to become a cabin crew since I was a child. Im still 18 right now, and Im so confused if I will still pursue to apply on Emirates soon? because Im 155cm, and I know that they’re only accepting minimum of 160cm:( , btw Im doing my stretchings now and the last time I checked I was 153cm. I really love to become a cabin crew soon ❤ Keep on inspiring many people, Thank you so much! Love youuu, xoxo 💋

• Lipstick And Luggage
      April 27, 2018 / 8:03 pm

Hi Joahna,

Thank you for taking the time to write to me! 🙂 I’m glad that we inspire you.

With regards to the Cabin Crew requirements, I am not too familiar with them. My advice to you is to wait until you are of age, because according to the Emirates Group Careers website, you must be 21 years of age upon application:

QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
      – 1+ year of hospitality/customer service experience
      – Positive attitude with the natural ability to provide excellent service in a team environment, dealing with people from many cultures
      – Educated to at least high school level
      – Fluency in written and spoken English (additional languages are desirable)
      – At least 21 years old at the time of application
      – Minimum arm reach of 212 cms (on tip toes) and minimum height of 160 cms, which will enable you to reach emergency equipment on all aircraft types
      – Medically fit to meet cabin crew requirements
      – As Emirates cabin crew, you will be based in Dubai and will need to meet the UAE’s employment visa requirements
      (http://www.emiratesgroupcareers.com/search-and-apply/252562)