You asked so I’ve listened! A lot of you wanted to know which countries I’ve visited and in the two years I’ve been flying, I’m happy to share with you that I’ve touched down in over 50!
Emirates flies to 150+ destinations across 6 continents, but not everyone of these flights are layovers for our Cabin Crew. Sometimes we operate turnarounds, where we fly to a country and return to Dubai, United Arab Emirates (our home base) on the same day. We also have stopovers, where we land in a country, let some passengers disembark and welcome new ones onboard before continuing on to our final destination (i.e. LCA-MLA or MLE-CMB). I don’t count turnarounds or stopover countries on my list because we are unable to leave the plane and explore them.
That being said, here is the full list of places I’ve been:
- Angola 20. Ireland 40. South Africa
- Australia 21. Italy 41. Spain
- Austria 22. Jordan 42. Sri Lanka
- Algeria 23. Kenya 43. Sweden
- Bangladesh 24. Malaysia 44. Switzerland
- Belgium 25. Maldives 45. Tanzania
- Brazil 26. Malta 46. Thailand
- Canada 27. Martinique (France) 47. The Netherlands
- China 28. Mauritius 48. United Arab Emirates
- Croatia 29. Morocco 49. United Kingdom
- Czech Republic 30. New Zealand 50. United States
- Denmark 31. Nigeria 51. Vietname
- France 32. Norway 52. Wales (UK)
- Germany 33. Philippines 53. Zimbabwe
- Ghana 34. Russia 54. Oman
- Guinea 35. Saint Lucia
- Hong Kong 36. Scotland
- Hungary 37. Senegal
- India 38. Seychelles
- Indonesia 39. Signapore
Countries I’ve touched down in, but never visited include: Afghanistan, Bahrain, Cyprus*, Egypt, Iran, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Zambia*. These places are within a 4-5 hour flying radius outside of Dubai (except Zambia which is 7 hours) making them turnaround flights and not layovers. *Cyprus and Zambia however are stopovers. Meaning that again, we drop passengers off in these countries and pick new ones up before continuing on to our final destination.
It’s hard to believe that when I first joined, I’d only visited 5 countries! As I enter into my third year flying for Emirates, I’m hoping to cross off a few more before returning home to Canada. That leaves me wondering, which countries have you been to?
Next Stop: Malta 🇲🇹
Disclaimer: My posts are my personal views and and do not represent the views of my company.