You asked so I’ve listened! A lot of you wanted to know which countries I’ve visited and in the two years I’ve been flying, I’m happy to share with you that I’ve touched down in over 50!
Emirates flies to 150+ destinations across 6 continents, but not everyone of these flights are layovers for our Cabin Crew. Sometimes we operate turnarounds, where we fly to a country and return to Dubai, United Arab Emirates (our home base) on the same day. We also have stopovers, where we land in a country, let some passengers disembark and welcome new ones onboard before continuing on to our final destination (i.e. LCA-MLA or MLE-CMB). I don’t count turnarounds or stopover countries on my list because we are unable to leave the plane and explore them.
That being said, here is the full list of places I’ve been:
- Angola 17. Ireland 33. Seychelles
- Australia 18. Italy 34. Signapore
- Austria 19. Malaysia 35. South Africa
- Bangladesh 20. Maldives 36. Spain
- Belgium 21. Malta 37. Sri Lanka
- Brazil 22. Martinique (France) 38. Sweden
- Canada 23. Mauritius 39. Switzerland
- China 24. Morocco 40. Tanzania
- Denmark 25. New Zealand 41. Thailand
- France 26. Nigeria 42. The Netherlands
- Germany 27. Norway 43. United Arab Emirates
- Guinea 28. Philippines 44. United Kingdom
- Hong Kong 29. Russia 45. United States
- Hungary 30. St. Lucia 46. Vietnam
- India 31. Scotland (UK) 47. Zimbabwae
- Indonesia 32. Senegal
Countries I’ve touched down in, but never visited include: Afghanistan, Bahrain, Cyprus*, Egypt, Iran, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Zambia*. These places are within a 4-5 hour flying radius outside of Dubai (except Zambia which is 7 hours) making them turnaround flights and not layovers. *Cyprus and Zambia however are stopovers. Meaning that again, we drop passengers off in these countries and pick new ones up before continuing on to our final destination.
It’s hard to believe that when I first joined, I’d only visited 5 countries! As I enter into my third year flying for Emirates, I’m hoping to cross off a few more before returning home to Canada. That leaves me wondering, which countries have you been to?
Next Stop: Malta 🇲🇹
Disclaimer: My posts are my personal views and and do not represent the views of my company.