If you’re anything like me, when it comes to gift-giving I buy everything I need at the last minute. This usually leaves me scrambling to find exactly what I’m looking for, especially during the holiday season.
After speaking with some of my colleagues, I thought I’d compose a list to try and make your Christmas shopping easier if you’re looking to buy something for the Cabin Crew in your life:
- Luggage organizers: Cabin Crew already have a cabin bag and suitcase, but what most lack are organizers! There are plenty at the Emirates store, but if you don’t feel like spending the money, they are quite simple and affordable to make yourself. You can purchase similar bags at your local department store, and can get creative by making your own labels for them.
- Personalized luggage tags: No matter where I travel, as Cabin Crew or as a passenger, my luggage tags always seem to go missing. Especially the ones with Canadian flags on them! I’ve solved this problem by buying personalized tags. They are affordable and cute, plus you can even make them yourself!
- Passport cover/document holders: For Cabin Crew to operate a flight, they must have their documentation with them when they report for duty (passport, GCAA license etc.). Our supervisors check to ensure we have everything prior to boarding the aircraft, so a passport cover or “travel wallet” will help us to keep all of these items together.
- Makeup: This is probably one of the lamest gift on the list, but Cabin Crew are required to look their best on the job. This requires us to purchase beauty items like foundations and lipsticks. The cost of these items can add up, especially if we’re looking for long-lasting, good quality products. Not sure exactly which products to purchase? A gift card to any makeup store will do wonders for us!
- Jewellery/watch: As cliché as this sounds, some airlines have image and uniform standards that require flight attendants to wear specific accessories on the job. Emirates, allows us to choose from a selection of different earrings, watches and rings. Having a variety to pick from is ideal, so you can’t go wrong with these gifts!
- Water bottle: Cabin Crew need to stay hydrated on the job, which is why a water bottle would make a good present. There are some really cool designs out there; some of which can calculate how much water you’ve drank in a day using an app for your phone!
- Aviation inspired clothing/bags/travel necessities: Maybe I love my job too much, but I like clothing/bags that are travel or aviation inspired. There are so many cute ones out there! If you can’t decide, I would recommend purchasing a neck pillow, a pair of slippers and/or eyeshades too. These items are essential for travel.
- Scratch map/map of the world: Cabin Crew tend to keep track of all the places they’ve visited, which is why a scratch map or map of the world would be a great gift idea. There are plenty available on websites like Amazon and Ebay, and they are affordable too!
- Calendar/agenda: Sometimes we don’t know what day of the week it is. Flying in and out of different time zones doesn’t make it easy for Cabin Crew, which is why an agenda or calendar would help us out. My agenda is my bible, and I couldn’t plan my days off without it! Although Canadian, Micheal’s Craft Store has a great selection.
- Journal/notebook: I choose to document my travels online, but some Cabin Crew prefer to write their experiences by hand. My favourite store to purchase writing/art materials is from Typo because they have a lot of travel/aviation themed items. I always bring a notebook with me on my layovers just incase I feel inspired!
Did I miss something? Let me know in the comments below!