My first roster

The last two weeks of training college have been incredible. It’s so hard to believe that in just a few weeks, I’ll get to start flying!

1412206_10153348019986270_4197581149124881991_o

My first roster -which is a term we use as another way of saying schedule- consists of the following destinations:

• Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
  • Bangalore, Karnataka, India
  • Karrachi, Pakistan
  • Sydney, Australia
  • Dammam, Saudi Arabia
  • Doha, Qatar
  • Changi, Singapore

I’m really looking forward to having layovers in Australia and Singapore. A layover in my terminology refers to the rest period cabin crew receive between flights.

My flights to Singapore and Australia are considered to be multi-sector. This means that they will be broken up into segments. For example, I’ll start my day in Dubai and fly to Singapore (DXB-SIN). When I reach Singapore, after my layover, I’ll fly to Melbourne (SIN-MEL). Following my layover in Melbourne, I’ll return to Singapore (MEL-SIN), and then I’ll head back to Dubai after another rest period (SIN-DXB).

The first two flights that I’ll be on are called soupy flights. To my understanding, “soupy” is a slang term for supervision. My duties on those flights will be to familiarize myself with the aircraft, and to watch how the cabin crew conduct their service.

I’m really looking forward to the weeks ahead, and I hope you’ll continue to follow me on my journey.

——–

Want to see more pictures? Follow me on social media!

Twitter: @KelseyBelleDXB

Facebook: @LipstickAndLuggage

Instagram: @LipstickAndLuggage

——–

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal views and and do not represent the views of my company

8 Comments

1. December 26, 2015 / 9:04 am

Lovely, I love flying and will definitely be following you, especially as I have just booked some more Emirates fights xx

• December 26, 2015 / 9:04 am

That’s so exciting! Be sure to let me know where you’re travelling 🙂

2. December 26, 2015 / 9:10 am

Hi, Manchester to Bangkok via Dubia for a few days and then onto Hong Hong !!

• December 26, 2015 / 9:11 am

I’ve been told that Bangkok is a lot of fun! Enjoy your travels!

3. Taylor D
    December 26, 2015 / 2:15 pm

This is so exciting, I’m so happy for you! Good luck on your first flights! xoxo

• December 26, 2015 / 3:38 pm

Thanks Taylor! I appreciate your support. It means a lot to me!

4. Fani Castro
    January 9, 2016 / 3:26 pm

Hello sweet!
    I find out your Blog through Instagram and I really loved reading your first experiences as a cabin crew.
    When I read it I feel like I’m living all this with you
    Some day hopefully I want to experience all this that you are living now. Congratulations for the hard working in the aviation college
    Please keep writting It’s super important to me
    Xoxo From your Brazilian follower 😊

• January 9, 2016 / 4:17 pm

Thanks so much for sharing that with me!

This is the reason why I started writing my blog in the first place- so that readers would feel that they are flying along with me.

I promise to keep writing as long as I can. If you have any questions or want me to write about something specific please let me know.

Again thanks for following, and best of luck to you! 🙂

Kelsey xo